Sunday, March 09, 2008

Updates !!

Well Its about time I wrote something about whatz happening in my life. Spent last 10 months at San Diego. Now I am pretty used to this place, wont mind spend more time here.

Went to India in Feb for almost 20 days and boy was it hectic...phew. Spent initial 2-3 days just meeting friends and more importantly delivering goods they had requested. So my dear friend ashu because my chauffeur and drove me around. He tells me he drove lot more in those 2 days than what he would have otherwise done in whole month !!!.

Had a really stupid experience at my TCS office at Noida-2. They would not let my friend in even to canteen. I don't understand how that helps in improving security :( So after those 2 days went to Tauji's place in Dwarka. I thought people would ask me my well being and ask 10000 questions....but no...I was told to be ready to go for shopping even before I stepped in. So the welcome I got was , "leave your luggage and rush for shopping, you are already late"...man talk about people missing me :(

Anyways shadi was mix of traditional way and faster way of doing things. The good part was I got to meet lots of relatives, some I met for the very first time. That justifies me taking a vacation so soon.

I reached kota on 20th and from then on since I had had a really hectic time in delhi, all I wanted to do was to relax. Dad n mom wanted me to try as much diverse indian menu as possible, so I had all kinds of halwa, jalebi, ladoos, lassi, kachori and not to mention visits to restuarents. Whereas all I wanted was just plain home food. well they were all too good to resist for long.

So as my last day in kota kept getting nearer, my pace of buying things and tasks to complete got more frantic. I did the most shopping on last day. I thought of bringing Sangam barfi (It is the most popular sweet in kota) to San Diego, but alas it did not taste the same over here. So I left kota on 29 in Golden Temple mail. Reached noida that night and partied with salil and dang. Slept for just over 2 hours that night and then started for IGI at 3:45am.

My travel will be another big blog. I will post it pretty soon.

1 comment:

Pilot-Pooja said...

Beautiful description Mukul!
Blogger.com is happy to see you back..
Wld like to read the journey part -2 too!

Guess you r very happy these days..Good Luck!

I had been trying to post comment on ur post since yest..
Guess blogger services wereon halt yesterday!!!